- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1-1 ½ jalapeño pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced into wedges
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- cooked brown rice
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- chopped mango
- chopped cashews
- Blend juice, coconut milk, ginger, jalapeño, garlic, tamari and salt in slow cooker insert.
- Arrange sweet potato wedges with chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle chicken with curry powder.
- Cook on low for 5 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cooked chicken and sweet potatoes from cooker. Set aside to cool a little. Meanwhile stir together lime juice and tapioca starch. Stir into liquid in slow cooker.
- Shred chicken breasts and add back to pot. Cook on high for another 30 minutes to thicken sauce. Mash sweet potatoes with a fork.
- To serve, arrange chicken and mashed sweet potatoes in bowls with some greens and rice. Top with shredded coconut, chopped mango and chopped cashews.
Back to Instant Sous article