By Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz, Executive Director, Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County
This year marks 20 years that we have been a part of the Howard County community. And, by the end of 2022 we will have given $1M+ to our nonprofit partners through 250+ grants, and will have a $1.3M endowment, raised from 1,600+ donors, which will ensure that there are funds to support women and girls in our community in perpetuity.
We are excited for the year ahead … with numerous efforts planned and many opportunities for growth this year – for the WGC, our members, our grantee partners, and our community as we celebrate 20 years of impact.
Here are five opportunities for growth and impact in 2022 as we celebrate our 20th anniversary year:
- GRANTS: Give $200,000. WGC will continue to increase and enhance our grantmaking, including through our new Social Justice Grant, building on our Emergency Response Network, and finalizing our DEI grants framework, and will give $200,000 in 2022 as part of our 20th anniversary year.
- MEMBERSHIP: Raise $200,000. WGC is offering a new and more inclusive menu of membership opportunities of 4 distinct ways to give, including the roll-out of our new “Big Give” membership opportunity.
- EVENTS: Give, Learn, Network & Celebrate. WGC will celebrate our 20th Anniversary year at our upcoming WGC Virtual Annual Celebration on Tuesday, March 8, 2022 – International Women’s Day, with Keynote Speaker Jeannie Infante Sager, Director of the Women’s Philanthropy Institute, who will discuss “Gaps and Growth in Philanthropic Support for Women and Girls”. And, we’ll host a panel conversation on “The State of Women and Girls in Howard County,” provide highlights of our last 20 years, and discuss what we have planned ahead. We’ll also offer more events throughout the year including our “Pink Party in the Park” celebration in June 2022.
- GOVERNANCE: Build our Strength. Continue to strengthen our Advisory Board, focus on growing our leadership and committees, and bolster our overall core strength.
- STRATEGIC DIRECTION: Shape our Future. Further develop and strengthen our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, implement the framework being developed within all of WGC’s work, and undertake a year-long strategic planning process to shape our future.
We look forward to continued learning, sharing, celebrating, partnership, growth and impact as we focus on supporting programs that benefit women and girls in Howard County in 2022.
Thanks for being a part of the Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County – we look forward to a great year ahead, together!
The WGC is building a community of philanthropists and creating a permanent legacy to address the needs of women and girls in Howard County, Maryland and can be found at: www.womensgivingcircle.org
Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz is the Executive Director of the Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County. She can be reached at: [email protected] and www.wgchowardcounty.org