Makes 3 pint jars
- 1 1/2 pounds
- whole okra
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons whole spices, such as black peppercorns, red pepper flakes, coriander, or mustard seeds
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 3 wide-mouth pint jars with lids
- Wash and dry jars.
- Rinse and dry the okra.
- Divide the garlic, dill and spices between the jars.
- Pack okra into the jars leaving 1/2 inch of space from the rim.
- Heat vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a pan. Bring to a boil. Pour brine over okra stopping 1/2 inch below rim of jar.
- Screw on lids. Let jars cool then store in refrigerator.
Back to Edible Art