- 1 ⅔ cups pecans and almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates, about 15
- ¾ cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
FOR PIE FILLING:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked two hours or overnight, drained
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (I used Sagamore Spirit Rye.)
- 10 whole strawberries, sliced for topping
- For crust: Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse into small bits that stick together when pinched.
- Grease an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with coconut oil and press crust evenly into the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling: In a blender combine cashews, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, honey and bourbon. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Arrange sliced strawberries on top of pie.
Back to Spirited Recipes article