October 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Presented by the Howard County Office on Aging and Independence
Announcing a new take on the 50+EXPO for 2019: “Master Aging: Engage, Educate and Inspire” debuts as a conference-style event with seminars, exhibitors and entertainment for the 50+ community. This new format replaces the 50+EXPO, and will take place on Saturday, October 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at our new location on the campus of Howard Community College (HCC) in Columbia. Admission is $1.00.
Hosted by the Howard County Office on Aging and Independence, “Master Aging: Engage, Educate and Inspire” will be held in three buildings within easy walking distance of each other on HCC’s campus – Duncan Hall, the Health Sciences Building and the Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center. Free onsite parking is available. Event highlights include:
- 62 vendor and sponsor booths, located in the three lobbies and one additional large room
- all day seminars and workshops covering lifelong learning and leisure; technology; exercise; and a showcase of activities at Howard County 50+ centers.
- 11:00 a.m. keynote speaker (to be announced) and 2:00 p.m. performance by the Capitol Steps, both in the Smith Theatre. Capitol Steps will be a ticketed event ($5.00 per person).
- book discussion and signing (author to be announced) in the Health Sciences Building lecture hall.
- breakfast and lunch sales from a variety of vendors, including food trucks
For general event information:
- Visit www.Facebook.com/HoCoCommunity for information about upcoming events.
- Contact the Office on Aging and Independence, 410-313-6410 (voice/relay); fax 410-313-6540 or email email@example.com
- For vendor/exhibitor information, contact Lisa Coster at 410-442-3734 (voice/relay) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media inquiries, please call or email Kim Henry, 410-313-6531 (voice/relay).